In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
- Work closely with the Startup Academy Assistant and Startup Program Manager on planning, designing, and execution of the different modules of the startup academy including but not limited to Market Research and Ideation, Marketing, Leadership, Strategy Planning, and Financial Analysis and Planning
- Research different startup academy structures and modules to identify compelling models for GSG to learn from and adapt to fit Palestinian needs
- Design a comprehensive outreach strategy for the Startup Academy Modules and lead the execution of the strategy with the relevant team members
- Support in planning to develop Arabic content for entrepreneurship in Palestine
- Deliver workshops on relevant topics to the different modules of the academy especially market research and marketing
- Increase your own knowledge of business topics, particularly in the areas of customer research, Ideation, financial, and leadership
- Provide mentorship and facilitate connections to program participants and alumni to support their growth and development
- Providing ongoing follow-ups with participants on program structure, delivery, and outcomes in the form of surveys, roundtable discussions, and 1:1 meeting to ensure our program is delivering the highest value for people
- Identify new ways to attract great talent and expertise to GSG’s community and pipeline of the program (including technical expertise and management expertise)
- Integrate community building and peer-learning into every aspect of GSG programming as it is continuously refined
- Continuously assess quality of program and sessions, facilitate discussions with program participants, document action items, and support accountability to meeting reasonable requests on time
- Organize program debriefings and learning sessions after the completion of each module to reflect on the needed adjustments, best practices and models that need to be adopted in upcoming modules and the new cohorts
- Plan and participate in regular check in meetings with all participants to ensure continuous commitment in the program and support participants’ progress and advancement in the curriculum and embed continuous learning in their culture
- Support the Startups Acceleration Coordinator with the execution of the acceleration program by delivering workshops, conducting mentorship meetings, and reviewing deliverables
- Work actively to foster collaborations between participants in the acceleration program and the startup academy to launch joint initiatives that support the development of startups in Palestine and the talents of programs participants
- Help the startups with preparing their pitch decks to be on global standards
- Work with the GeeXelerator program team to share experiences and learnings between the Startup Academy and GeeXelerator
- Ensure that the startup programs documentation and program minimum standards are consistently up to date and new lessons learned and adjustments to the program design are reflected
- Support programs’ alumni with seeking continuous learning, connection with mentors, and understanding their challenges
- Support startups program manager and Gaza MEL manager to setup robust monitoring, evaluation and learning program quality system to foster program learning and best practices across the startup academy program
- Model professional etiquette, communications, processes, and workflow management for participants as well as other GSG staff (e.g. demonstrate 100% reliable use of a calendaring application, note taking and following up on action items, punctually arriving in the office and starting meetings on time, professional address of startup teams and other staff members)
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- University degree in Business, Marketing, ICT, or any other related field, with a demonstrated record of interest and contemporary knowledge in his/her field.
- Excellent business experience and understanding of startups business topics
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both English and Arabic
- Experience in Customer Research, Marketing and Strategy in a startup context
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilience, high problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and a great sense of humor.
- Proficiency in Project Management tools, Slack, and Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs). GSG does not use email internally. We use Slack.
- Strong understanding of the social, political, and economic context of Palestine.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Ability to learn fast and always seeking to grow experience across business fields. You regularly try to improve and enjoy researching and learning about new topics
- Ability to work in a flat, fast paced environment with others who are passionate about supporting Gaza’s technology ecosystem
- Comfort with uncertainty and change—We seek staff who are adaptable and pitch in on what needs to be done.
- Strong listening abilities in order to understand the needs of Palestne’s startup and business community
- High degree of self introspection and leadership potential
- Superb attention to detail
- Positive attitude and passion for your work
- Proactive, get-stuff-done mentality that always prioritizes outcomes, not just inputs
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time and organizational management skills;
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.