Who is this Course for?
This course has been created in response to the demands from the GSG community members and the general needs of the Palestinian labour market. It is designed to quickly and effectively expose a wider range of participants – with little to no previous technical knowledge – to career opportunities using coding fundamentals.
The program is run 100% remote over the course of 10 weeks, but on a part-time basis (15 hours per week). All teaching is done online and it provides comprehensive introductions to web development fundamentals and the professional skills needed to succeed in a global, digital economy. The course is delivered by GSG staff and Coding Career Accelerator alumni. Little to no previous technical knowledge is required.
Successful applicants must…
- Be at least 18 years old and preferably not currently enrolled at University.
- If enrolled at university, the applicant must be a final year student.
- Have basic to good command of the English language.
- Be available to commit to both teaching hours and assignments of the course.
- Have determination and affinity for problem-solving.
- Be willing to dedicate a few weeks to self-learning in order to achieve the prerequisites of the application.
- Introduction to programming and web development
- Fundamentals of debugging and clean code
- Gain knowledge of:
- HTML and CSS
- Responsive web design
- DOM browser API
- Version Control Systems (Git / GitHub)
- Text Editor (VSC)
- Other tools and extensions for web development
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Awareness of self
- Skills critical to effective teamwork
- Presentation skills
- Creating a great CV & LinkedIn profile
Next Cohort Launches: October 2021
Applications are now closed
Applications for the following cohort will open in December
Revisit Cookies Preferences and Acceptance