APPLY FOR GAZA CODE ACADEMY!
The Gaza Code Academy will launch its 8th cohort on January 12, 2020.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have strong English conversational and comprehension skills
- Have full-time availability from January- June 2020 to fully participate in the entirety of the 6-month course
- Have the motivation to launch a career as a developer
- Have the maturity and professionalism to treat the Code Academy like a job training (not school)
- Have the availability and determination to put in many hours of hard work and effort into completing the application’s technical tasks
- Have a strong love for problem-solving and being persistent in the face of challenge.
- Have a commitment to the community by volunteering as a mentor for future Code Academy cohorts
After the course, we support and expect graduates to immediately seek employment opportunities as software developers as freelancers or employees in a company. As such, this course is NOT suitable for current university students, even if one would postpone a semester.
Application Process Timeline:
- Deadline to submit an application: October 31, 2019
- Deadline to complete technical tasks: November 17, 2019
- In-person Technical Interviews: November-December 2019
- Week 0 (Trial Week): December 15-19, 2019
- Final Selection: Early January 2020
- G8 Start Date: January 12, 2020
The whole application process requires a significant amount of self-learning. The first step is to fill out this brief application form (it only takes 20 minutes!). Once you submit your application form, you will receive an email with all the details of the next steps and technical tasks. The application process takes time, so it is encouraged to start your application ASAP!