Business Development Officer
About Gaza Sky Geeks:
Gaza Sky Geeks trains Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank to become world-class software engineers, online freelancers, and startup founders to help them earn significant incomes, grow into effective tech leaders, and accelerate the Palestinian tech ecosystem and economy. In 2017, we launched Palestine’s first full-stack coding bootcamp in Gaza, with a second campus opening in the West Bank in November. In early 2018, we launched a Digital Outsourcing and Hiring Agency to build a pipeline of commercial work from international clients to begin to hire our developers to build their products or join their engineering teams.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with experience in a tech startup or as a software developer to forge partnerships with companies, primarily in Palestine and the MENA region, interested in hiring graduates of the Gaza Sky Geeks Code Academy in Gaza and the West Bank.
This role is for a Palestinian based in the West Bank, and would augment the Digital Agency team to build a pipeline of work opportunities for our graduates. This role would also work closely with the Code Academy team to understand and inform the curriculum of our program and build relationships with the graduates we are helping to employ.
What you will do in this role:
- Work closely with the Gaza Sky Geeks Code Academy and Digital Agency teams to understand the curriculum of our training program and skillsets of our developers in order to identify and prospect partnership opportunities
- Develop relationships and secure partnerships with local tech companies in Palestine and the MENA region to either hire Palestinian tech talent trained by GSG or send work to the GSG digital agency
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our developers with local and international companies
- Take a consultative approach to investigating clients’ needs and uncovering new partnerships
- Cooperate directly with clients to understand their technical and staffing needs
- Upsell our service to existing clients to grow revenue and placement opportunities
- Provide feedback to Code Academy team to implement curriculum updates or changes to better address the technical needs of the local market
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical account management, sales, client success roles
- Work experience as a software developer or in another role in a tech startup
- A strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the Palestinian tech sector
- An existing professional network of leaders, organizations, and businesses in the Palestinian tech sector
- You are passionate about pitching GSG’s unique value proposition
- You are passionate about building an internationally competitive tech sector in Palestine
If interested, submit an application online here. Deadline is rolling until we find the right candidate.