The GeeXelerator is an intensive 16-week pre-seed acceleration program that aims to help teams build a usable product with only the most essential…
About the GeeXelerator
The GeeXelerator Palestine is an intensive 16-week pre-seed acceleration program that aims to help teams build a usable product with only the most essential core features. Validate the core product feature with users, launch the feature online for public use, and scale their product’s user base.
Selected teams are expected to make progress towards identifying their target market, building a product feature that addresses real users’ problems, securing initial users, and making a strong business case for the product investors by the end of the 16-week program. Teams will run data-driven experiments to validate or invalidate their product’s core feature’s practical use with potential customers.
They will define and refine their target market, and automate processes for scaling the products to reach more people. The program focuses on traction and revenue generation. The program objectives are achieved through 4 phases.
Meet our team.
Nadia Abu Shabaan
Yasmin Abo Omar
Jamal Al Miqati
Has a team “2-5 members” with at least one technical and one business founders
Willing to allocate a min of 15 hours/week per Co-Founder for the program.
At least 2 years of domain experience, preferably related to startup idea.
Demonstrates the ability to execute and run the startup.
Pre- Geexelerator Phase
All teams who pass the interviews will join a pre-program phase in which they will be introduced to the basics of entrepreneurship, building teams and equity splits, startups financials and investments, and business model generation. At the end of this phase, teams will get an interview to pass for the Geexelerator.
All teams will go through an interview after Eid Al Adha. In the interview, they will present their BMCs and answer questions about their team and business models. More info will come on slack before the interview. We will give you time to prepare.
- Idea Validation
Teams work on: Validating assumptions, preparing the business model canvas, and learning about the market study through case studies.
- Build the prototype
This is a fully virtual Hackathon where teams build their prototypes and landing pages in 3 days and present it in front of a panel of judges along with their pitch decks. This is the biggest filtering point of the program. Only the teams that build their prototype will advance to next stage
Tech Development MVP Demo
Teams will present their MVP to the judging panel of expert business people and startup founders and designers. The top 10 will advance to next phase and get a $1k grant each
Launch And Marketing
Teams that show good traction, market validation, and strong team, etc, will be evaluated by judges of investors and the top 2 teams will receive $10k grants each.
Final Demo Day
Teams that show good traction, market validation, strong team, etc will be evaluated by judges of investors and the top 2 teams will receive $10k grants each.
Which Teams Advance To Phase I Of The Geexelerator?
- In order to advance to phase I of the GeeXelerator program, teams will come to a 30-minute interview after week 3 of Pre-phase.
- Teams must have submitted all the deliverables
- Investment deliverables
- Equity Split and Founders Agreement deliverables
- Business Model Canvas
- There’s no limit on how many teams advance to Phase I. All teams that do well in the interview based on the above factors will continue in the program. Only teams that depict they haven’t developed a good understanding of their business and the entrepreneurial journey will not be considered.
Hackathon is a 3 days event where people come together to solve problems and build their products. After Phase I, we will do a virtual hackathon for all team members. Only teams that demonstrate their ability to build a product will advance forward in the program to phase II.
The objectives of the hackathon:
- Build something that can be put forward (potentially to users) and we can test. Something that you can get data of. Teams will probably not continue to build on the prototype to get the MVP but they would have a prototype to do some testing.
- Demo your product: Introduce what they will be built in the hackathon.
- Introduce how you will user test it.
What Do Our Alumni Say About Their Experience?
”The Geexelerator program is one of the most important programs that affected me greatly throughout my ten years work experience, I really enjoyed every single moment in the GX program, and if I had the chance to re-join the program and live the journey one more time, I will do that! I am pretty sure that I will gain something new in each time, I would love to thank the Geexelerator team for the love they showed us and great efforts they made.Amal HumaidFounder of Afkar startup
GeeXelerator Program Interviews
To be eligible for the GeeXelerator program, applying teams that meet the selection criteria and have a valid business case and strong business model will be invited to an interview with Gaya Skz Geeks Acceleration team. The interview aims at understanding the core problem, business value proposition, and the proposed solutions. The interviews will be held on 1-3rd April 2019. The interview is your best opportunity to show GSG your team’s ability to work together and help us get to know you more.
Teams that pass the interview will automatically admit to the first phase of the GeeXelerator program where they work to build the main business assumptions and validate them with rigorous research and advice from local and international mentors.
THE GEEXELERATOR PROGRAM IS DIVIDED INTO THREE PHASES:
- Business case validation and building business model
- Coding to develop the most important core feature
- Launching publicly online and investment preparation
Each week, teams work on a set of outputs or deliverables that will build on each other week after week to ensure you are making progress. At the end of each week, teams must submit the deliverables to the GeeXelerator program staff for review and assessment in a Google Sheets workbook. The staff provides feedback and a numeric grade indicating the quality of the deliverables to let teams know if they are on track or not.
To move from one phase to the next, teams must adequately pass a major milestone such as launching online and pitching to GeeXelerator staff. Week to week grades and feedback is to provide guidance to teams to let them know if they are on track.
At the beginning of each week, local or International mentors will deliver 2-4 hours of workshops at GSG’s office on the theme of that week’s deliverables to help participants understand the theme of that week’s work. In addition, teams will have access to weekly office hours with GSG staff and local and international mentors to ask questions and get feedback throughout the week.
The GeeXelerator Program will culminate with a demo day where remaining teams who have passed the program milestones have the opportunity to pitch to potential investors, as well as potentially travel to regional startup competitions such as RiseUp Summit.
All you need is an appropriate skill-set, a laptop/computer, a stable internet connection, and an alternative electricity resource.
Applications to the GSG GeeXelerator program close on February 28, 2020
and are due at 11:59 pm. Applicants should apply through this application form.
Each team should submit one online application. There are two parts to the application:
- Part 1: Applying teams fill out the online application form in which they will outline the problem they are trying to solve, how they were inspired to solve this problem, their proposed solution, and how they believe this solution might support a sustainable stand-alone business.
- Part 2: Applicants who pass an initial screen will be expected to attend an interview where they should deliver a presentation to GSG’s staff and answer questions. The entire team must come to GSG’s office for the interview and provide a 3-minutes product demo that covers:
- Team – who you are, what you do, why you’re here (each team member should be included)
- Problem/Solution– provide an elevator pitch about the problem you are trying to solve, your proposed solution, and some data about why your solution is better than existing solutions.
- Market– How many people have this problem, or how big is the potential market (in people or US Dollars)? There should be enough demand that you and your potential investors can make real money.
- Product Core Feature- Show us your product’s most important core feature. This is the feature that makes or breaks your startup idea. Ideally, you have already written some code and can show us real features. At a minimum, you must show wireframes or what the front-end user experience is like.
We will filter the applications and work on the next stage of interviews, we will E-mail/text if you were qualified for the next stage.
- UP TO $12K Grants and cash prizes
- Many of Resources and perks you will have the access for them