It’s been another great week for the #GazaStarts campaign! We now have over $110K in donations! Two weeks ago we made our initial goal of $70K so that we could keep the co-working space operational during 2015.
When we launched this campaign, we had no idea how the world would react. We’re proud to be uniting supporters from all around the world to help us save and grow this startup movement. We also know that it’ll take much more than a co-working space to launch successful startups in Gaza. That’s why we’ve set aggressive stretch goals for the campaign – read about them here.
Here are the interesting and exciting stats from this week’s campaign:
- $109,890 has been donated – up from $75K a week ago!
- 506 individuals have contributed – up from 385 last week!
- Median amount donated is $60
- 177 donations of $100 or more
- 24 donations of $1,000 or more
- Three donations of $10,000 or more
- 52 countries have contributed
- 53.2% of donated funds from U.S., 31.3% from Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and 8.8% from Europe. MENA has overtaken Europe since last week!
- As we mentioned in our last post, donations have continued to come in from faraway places (e.g., Japan) sometimes ones that surprise us (e.g., Botswana)
In last week’s post, Poland was the biggest contributing country after the United States. Now we have the Palestinian Territories and Jordan in the lead followed closely by the UAE. Way to go, MENA!
We hope the campaign will continue strong as we head into the last days of November. If you haven’t already, give now at www.gazastarts.com. Thanks so much for your support!