Who is this Course for?
Successful applicants must…
- Be at least 18 years old and not currently enrolled at University
- Have a strong command of the English language
- Be available full time, five days a week, for the entirety of the 6-month course
- Have the motivation to launch a career as a developer
Focus on building a strong foundation in web development with the tools Node.js and React by:
- Engaging in weekly interactive workshops and coding challenges
- Doing research, testing, code reviews, and presentations
- Coding individually, in pairs and groups
- Learning “Agile” methodology
- Learning design principles and UI/UX
Focus on increasing employability and jumpstarting the careers of participants by developing professional portfolios as well as:
- Learning advanced web development technologies
- Building products for actual local and international clients
- Writing great resumes and preparing for technical interviews
- Training in professional-level English
- Training in UX/UI for developers
- Freelancing crash course
- After graduation, all of our graduates are obligated to serve as mentors for the following cohort.
- By supporting the teaching of the coming cohort, the graduates strengthen their skills and gain confidence in presenting and explaining technical concepts.
- Additionally our approach creates a self-sustaining community that can cultivate future generations of skilled developers.
Ongoing Support from Gaza Sky Geeks
All graduates of the Code Academy officially become part of the Gaza Sky Geeks Community & Alumni. They will receive ongoing support in a variety of ways such as career counseling, support in securing job placements and access to our network of mentors.
As we encourage continued growth and learning, we also provide access to all kinds of learning resources and opportunities needed to improve skills, gain experience and establish a career as a successful web developer.